As most of us know, tomorrow is a very special day. Millions of people across the world will exchange candy, flowers, and gifts with their loved ones, all in the name of St. Valentine.
Awww now isn’t that sweet? Yeah. It is…
But who is this St. Valentine dude and how did he get an awesome holiday named after him???
The answer is simple. Get your catcher’s mitts out. We’re about to drop some knowledge…
- Valentine was a priest during the third century in Rome.
- Emperor Claudius II decides that single men make better soldiers than men with wives and families.
- Emperor Claudius II outlaws marriage for young men .
- Valentine realizes the injustice of this decree. He defies Claudius by performing marriages for young lovers in secret.
- Valentine’s actions are eventually discovered. He is beheaded .
And that is the story behind Valentine’s Day. Talk about the ultimate wingman!
So tomorrow when you’re enjoying a great time with your loved one, don’t forget the sacrifice that our boy St.Valentine made!
Appreciate everyone and SPREAD THE LOVE!!!